Tuesday, October 11, 2005

 

OUCH !

Congratulations to Shankar,Wil, Dianna, April-Anne, Susan, Michelle, Sarah and anyone else I've forgotten for finishing their half/marathons this weekend ! YOU GUYS ROCK ! ! !

I haven’t posted in a week because I haven’t been running. My knees were very sore after finishing the Half last weekend. I started to feel the soreness right around mile 10 (which, coincidentally, is where I felt my steam running out). To avoid aggravating them any further, I am resting them for a couple of weeks before either hitting the treadmill or running outdoors if it stops raining.

The pain is on the outside of my knees and just down a bit in the little notch where some tendon goes. I tried looking it up in Netter and can't seem to figure out exactly what is wrong. I'm leaning toward IT Band but the symptoms don't match. The rest of my leg is fine. It's not under the kneecap to patellar-femoralitis. Just not sure what it is but I'm guessing that after a good rest it should be fine.

I could tell my form must have been shot in order to cause such pain so I have made a list for myself of things to work on over the winter (not all about running so please bear with me) :

  1. Better form- read lots more articles and books on proper form.
  2. Videotaping a brief run to view the form.

  3. Work on shorter distances but faster.

  4. Built up to longer, faster distances.

  5. Continue to eat right.

  6. Finish losing the last 5-8 lbs to reach (almost) pre-baby weight.

  7. Try and find time to incorporate swimming and weights into winter regimen.

  8. More crunches to strengthen midsection.

  9. Another Half next Spring? If I can keep the training over the winter.

  10. Maybe, just maybe a Full Marathon next Fall (2006) or Spring/Summer 2007.

  11. Seeing if any of my blog friends want to run a race together.

  12. Continue to teach “S” his letters and to spell 2-3 letter words.

  13. Wean “N” off his pacifier for nighttime.

  14. Teach “N” to count from 10-20.

  15. Finish tearing down the rest of the ivy wallpaper in the kitchen.

  16. Paint the kitchen in a faux finish as planned since last year.

  17. Buy artwork (real stuff but not expensive) to put in dining room.

  18. Change brass, old people looking lighting fixtures to more contemporary style ones to match our taste.

  19. Stop procrastinating about interior design home improvement.

  20. Love my kids lots and lots. They grow up way to fast. And lastly…

  21. Spend as much quality time with my wonderful husband : )


Comments:

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?