Monday, September 19, 2005

 

Weekend

Well, the weekend was a wash...the remnants of Ophelia wreaked havoc with the Terry Fox 10K Run this past weekend. It rained from Friday to Monday (the run was Sunday). The kids were not cool with walking and strolling in the pouring rain and we were a little hesitant to subject them to the weather lest they get sick.

So we turned around and came home. My make-up run tonight was not good either, I got a cramp on my left side under my rib cage. I have never had one of these running before and it's been a long time since I had a cramp, period (no pun intended-haven't had one of those in a while either). I almost want to say it was a little like a digestion cramp that I read about online, so my intended 4 miler turned into 1 mile.

Has anyone had one of these before?

Comments:
Yup- I get them every so often, but I am not sure if it is the same as what you had- mine occur during the first few miles of a run and I can usually get rid of it if I blow all of the air out, then gradually breathe in (repeat)until it goes away. It takes a bit, but I usually can get it to go away. Either that or a big burp!?
 
I normally ensure that I don't have anything two hours before my run(nothing solid)..If I do, I might get what u call the side-stitch... slows you down and is a little painful.
 
I have had these too. I find that if I belly breath it goes away. (Unfortunately, if I go back to shallower breathing, it sometimes comes back.)

Good luck!
 
Yep, I've had these as well, I've always heard that they were due to being a little dehydrated. Exactly the spot you mention -- (and I wanted to respond to your comments on my site, but I can't find your email :) Mine is throughthewall@comcast.net, could you please send me yours? Thanks!)
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?