Wednesday, September 21, 2005

 

Oops!

Well I have solved the mystery of the mysterious pain under my left rib cage ... digestive cramps from overeating *sheepish grin*. I know what you're thinking, how much food must little Kiran have eaten to cause that kind of cramping. Before you rush to judgement let me tell you that this past weekend we went to my parent's house and I just could not resist my Mom's cooking. I tried very hard to stick to my normally small sized portions but Mom had made some of my favorite Indian dishes. YUM!

That's what led to a wee bit more food on my plate (at every meal for 2 days). My GI system was in overdrive mode trying to process the food which eventually manifested itself as a cramp. The interesting thing was that I didn't feel like I overate-I did not eat until I was stuffed or uncomfortable, I just ate a bit more than usual.

I try to cook at home whenever I can but, hey, I'm a fulltime working mom and sometimes(OK a lot of times) we have prepackaged food for dinner like frozen lasagna etc. So when there is a couple of days that I don't have to cook, or reheat, and get to eat yummy food made by someone else I end up eating a tad bit much *giggle*.

Funny how our bodies are used to a certain way of doing thins and when you change it, it rebels. There have been times in the past when I have truly overeaten until I felt like a stuffed turkey (don't look at me like that-you have done it too) and never had such cramps. *sigh* another thing to chalk up to aging-crap!

The cramp disappeared yesterday along with the sunny weather so I ran for 4.5 miles on the tradmill instead of running in the mist.

Tonight I will attempt to remove the ivy wallpaper in the kitchen I have been complaining about since we moved in last year. The kids are at my parents for the week so this is the best time to start this project. Next month when they go to stay with my in-laws for a couple of days I will paint the walls. Wish me luck.
P.S. I'm trying something new- I'm using Haloscan for comments instead of blogger comments.


Comments:

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?