Tuesday, September 13, 2005

 

Fabulous Baby!

As the venerable Austin Powers would say. He would also say "She's got her mojo back, Baby" I have had the most fabulous runs lately.

My long run on Sunday was 9 miles and 1:41:18. That is the longest I have ever run in my life. Yeah for me!

This morning's 5.4 miles was a nice and easy 60 min. For both days I took a different route than my regular one, the new route has quite a few rolling hills to prepare me for the Half in 3 weeks.

Mentally, I am out of my slump which has made running much more enjoyable. I think I was getting a bit scared about whether I really could do 13.1 but getting up to 9 has me pumped.

Sunday's long run was very steady, no sucking (or breaking) wind :) Beautiful sunny weather of mid 70s at 10am, Fuel belt 2 bottles of Gatorade full, Gummis in holder and off I went. I never felt stressed, strained or like I was pushing too hard. I just ran. I left a bottle of Gatorade in my neighbor's mailbox Sunday and this AM so after my run I had instant hydration on the 1/2 mile cooldown walk up the hill to my house.

Hope everybody else is out having a blast running!

Comments:
That's "fabulous" twice in a row! Awesome!
 
are there hills in our half? WHAT?? have you seen the course?

I think i'll drive it tomorrow on my day off!

oh, and nice on the nine! :)
 
Susan-A Fuel belt works great, I love mine it fits very comfortably!
Danny - thanks :)
Chandra- race info says first and last 4 miles are relatively flat and the middle is rolling hills :(
 
she's back baby!
 
http://216.119.97.173/mm/CourseDetails.htm

I'm driving it tomorrow!
 
Way to go on the 9! Raaarrrrrr...
 
Great Job! I just ran my first 11 miles last Sunday. We seem to be on about the same track. It's a great feeling after you run a long ways, isn't it? I don't think I could live (well... or run) with out my iPod or Fuelbelt. Great blog!
 
HI kiran, thanks for looking up my blog...the hyd. half's been postponed to nov. 19th..next year I might land up where you are now!!Congrats on getting your 9 miler..you are on the way to a good half...all the best
 
hi kiran... nice to see that u r trying for a half-marathon... good luck... got here thru karthik's blog... had my experience of a half marathon (u can read it in my blog)... now in a resting zone... hope to come back soon with a bang...
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?