Saturday, September 10, 2005

 

A crapload of pictures

I had an absolutely fabulous run yesterday morning. It was 4.5 miles but even though the weather was cool, mentally it felt real good. I came up with a plan to stuff my long sleeve in my neighbour's mailbox at the end of our road after my brisk warm up walk (we have old fashioned roadside boxes with those red flags that lift up). That way I don't have to run with it tied around my waist again and since it is 6am they probably won't be checking their box. After my run, I realized that I should put a bottle of Gatorade there too so I can drink it on my cool-down walk. Someday maybe I'll knock on their door and ask them if it's OK :)

Tomorrow is my long run, since I passed on last week's 8 miler I will try 8.5 this week and not make the full jump to 9.

Next week has a 10K race scheduled and we will be going to Fredericton to run the Terry Fox 10K run. For those of you who remember, in 1980, Terry Fox was a young man from British Columbia who ran 26 miles a day, every day, across Canada starting at the most Eastern point in Newfoundland for his "Marathon of Hope" to raise money for Cancer reasearch. What's so remarkable about this? Terry had lost his leg to bone cancer and ran with a prosthetic leg. Now stop and think about that...it's hard enough to run a marathon, let alone a marathon every day, let alone with a prosthetic leg that makes you hobble when you run. Unfortunately Terry only made it to Thunder Bay Ontario when he starting feeling sick. He was diagnosed with cancer again only this time he wasn't so lucky, he died shortly afterwards. Every Canadian remembers Terry Fox and what he was trying to accomplish. You can read more about him here. I personally will never forget how all the schoolkids, myself incuded, would walk to elementary school imitating his hobbled run not in jest but in praise because he was a hero to many kids.

Here are a bunch of pics from last weekend at our new cottage. Enjoy :)

Comments:
awesome photos- its so beautiful!!!!
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?