Tuesday, August 02, 2005

 

Weekend run

First things first:
Friday 3.5 miles = 35:22 min
Sunday 5 miles = 53:56 min

This past weekend was very, very busy. It involved another trip 3 hours North to Fredericton. Saturday was my nephew's 1st birthday party-there was a petting zoo in my parents backyard consisting of a giant pink pig, a llama, rabbits, rooster, chinese chicken, ducks and whatever else I have forgotten. The kids invited had a great time with the animals especially when the rabbit escaped. My 3 year old was running around the yard trying to help chase it down and was giddy with the thrill of the chase.

On Sunday my Mom hosted a "Garden Party" at our local Hindu temple for about 75 people for whom she did all the cooking herself! That too was a good time with great food (of course) and a chance to catch up with the kids of my parents friends whom I have not seen in a long time. Typical to the Indian population most of them are in med school or in engineering school.

The kids are with my in-laws :( for this week so hopefully I can get some yard work done around the house.

Comments:
I'm one of those "typical" ones in engineering school too :(
 
My husband said that during his Engineering Degree a lot of Indian and Asian students come from overseas to study
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?