Tuesday, August 30, 2005

 

Time Out...

...as my son would say. Yup that's right Mommy needed a time out. I was in a very angry, upset mood towards the end of last week and I needed a time out from running and blogging. I missed my Wed 3 miler as usual (My husband travels out of town on Wed and leaves at 5:30am and gets home at 7:30pm so it leaves me no chance to run that day-but that's perfectly OK). My Thursday day off was filled with business errands and an afternoon meeting with the bank again to finalize some last minute details before construction starts. I woke up extra early Friday AM, 5:00, to do the scheduled 4.5 miles only to discover that my husband was already out running! AAARgh!
I waited and waited hoping he would be returning soon but he didn't end up coming home until 6:45am .This left me fuming mad!! There were some choice words said that morning. It made for a miserable day but I am the type of person that separates personal from business very easily so rest assured my patients did not suffer.
I am calm now, having chilled out a bit, received a lot of hugs and apologies and sworn to that my running will be top priority. Aaah, much better.
Sunday's long run of 7miles = 1:17:20 ! I slowed my pace slightly but still managed to maintain an 11 min mile pace. Good for me. I still consider myself a beginner runner so I am happy that I am increasing mileage and keeping the pace. Someday I will become faster like the rest of y'all, until then I am biding my time.
What has been remarkable is the increasing tone in my legs. I am proud of the change- my Mom even noticed last month!
This post seems random and scatterbrained because it just is. Too many thoughts in my head right now going in several different directions. We officially closed on the lake property yesterday and the contractors are bringing fill to our new office location today. I might not be able to post as regularly as before but will try my best.

Comments:
I hope things are working out well now and have settled down a bit.

whoo hooo toned runners legs - lucky you! =)
 
I'm a slow runner, but I'm telling myself it's all about endurance right now, not speed.

yay for the legs, I love the look of that too ...

Good luck with the move and the contractors!
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?