Friday, August 19, 2005

 

TGIF

Not much exciting in the world of exercise this week ...

Tuesday - 4 miles on treadmill @ 10:32 pace
Thursday - 4 miles on treadmill @ 10:32 pace

This week I was too lazy wake up in the AM so I did treadmill running in the evening instead. Am I the only one who thinks that an11:00 pace on a treadmill is faster than the 10:45 I run outdoors? It seems like I work a lot harder when running on the treadmill. Maybe those things aren't calibrated right.

Anyway, the lakehouse thing...The other 2 properties we looked at were not appropriate waterfront for someone with 2 preschoolers. It was deep waterfront, meaning they had boats docked next to land so even though the yard was huge the deep water was intimidating to me. The camp was nasty inside- no heat, not insulated, moldy and musty smelling-just awful. It is a complete teardown. But the lot is big so if someone has lots of money they could buy it, tear it down and rebuilt a spectacular home worthy of being called a lakehouse or summer home.
I could just imagine my kids jumping in to the deep water without life jackets when my back was turned. So we decided to continue bidding on the first one with a small sand beach and shallower water.

Just to clarify, when I say lakehouse that is glorifying it-Mainers call these kind of houses "camps" for good reason, they are old fishing and hunting camps located on land that at one time was owned by lumber companies. The current owners have jazzed it up with new vinyl siding, new cupboards, new windows, doors and a new deck but it is still a camp. The walls are insulated but the beautiful rustic beadboard ceiling is not. Remember it is only 20 x 24 in size = 480 sq ft!

This is the link to the one kid appropriate that we want -
http://www.realtor.com/Prop/1049381370?lnksrc=00045


Comments:
Kiran, thanks for popping by for the visit. Glad the bikers in red shorts made you giggle! No matter what kind of lakehouse it is, that sure sounds like great fun for a family. We sure the love cabin, and I use the word cabin quite liberally. LOL :)
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?