Tuesday, August 16, 2005

 

Short post turned long

Since Friday I have felt like crap- I have an abcessed molar and it hurts to eat. So Sunday morning I woke up in quite a bit of pain and sleep deprived because of the tooth. Lifting my head from my bed at 6am and seeing mist outside, I said "screw it, no long run today, I'm going back to sleep". I woke up 2 hours late much more refreshed but feeling very guilty about missing the long run.

All day long I thought about when would be a good time to do the obligatory 6 miles. Nothing like feeling forced to run. You have to understand that my father-in-law (FIL) came to help us build stairs for our deck. So someone has to watch the kids while my husband helps him. I thought when the kids take their nap I'll run...well I ended up falling asleep too. Two hours later, and feeling even more guilty, I decided rain or shine I was going to run. Off I went.
End result 5.5 miles= 57:30 min. Not bad.

This morning I skipped the 4 mile run because my husband and I were up until 2am discussing the impending purchase of our lakehouse. I know there are worse things to worry about but the truth is we are stretching ourselves pretty thin. The house we bid on and had inspected revealed a flaw where the ground is causing one of the basement walkout walls to be pushed in due to erosion. It will require a backhoe to dug up around the whole cottage foundation (not concrete but post and beam with pressure treated lumber), put in a retaining wall, and back fill. A lot more expense than originally budgeted when we were told of the flaw by the homeowners.

So after I paid $400 last week to have the septic pumped and inspected (because it is in shoreland property) and paid another $400 to the building inspectpr yesterday, we find out another place just literally went up on the market a little bit further down the lake. So everyone, realtor and inspector included, head over to the new listing. It has 50 ft more waterfront (150ft vs 100ft), no sand beach, but a level lot that is twice the size. the cottage needs work to update it but the lot is huge. Unfortunately it was not open so we couldn't see the inside. So what the hell is the dilemma?

For right now the first one is better because it has 100 ft of sand beach 2 feet in width but...for later I can totally see us having more family/friends/kids friends over pitching tents in the summer and having parties. So to buy for now or for later that is the dilemma. Plus I would end up kissing the $800 so far goodbye, something I am pissed about.

Hmmm maybe I can get the realtor to cover the new septic and building inspection considering that property offers the regular 3% commission compared to the 1.5% of the first house. Knowing realtors they will try and push you to buy the higher priced one for more money in their pockets. No offense to any readers who have family that are realtors.

We are going to see the inside of it tonight after work. I'll keep you posted.

Comments:
It is sounding a bit costly, and maybe even a bit stressful, but I can imagine it's very exciting too

can't wait to hear about the inside inspection
 
Imagine how lovely it will be to have the kids growing up scampering on the beach ...


Thank you so much for the good wishes on my blog!
 
Thanks for stopping by my blog and for your suggestion. I changed the settings tonight, so I hope I won’t be attacked by spam comments again.
How was the house?
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?