Tuesday, July 26, 2005

 

Wish List

My kids have been watching the Aladdin movie over and over and over again. If I could have my own personal genie there would be several things I would wish for:

I wish for the days when...

  1. I could go back to the days in college when my diction consisted of multi-syllablic words, eloquent verbage, and could write an essay like any speechwriter for a president.
  2. I could actually watch something on TV other than cartoons. (I am fortunate than my children are far too busy playing outdoors and their TV time is limited to watching only after their nightly baths).
  3. I did not have to worry about a couple of extra mid-section centimeters (who am I kidding -inches) after having 2 children in the past 3 years.
  4. I could sleep in past sunrise when 2 beautiful little children wake up ready to start the day.
  5. I could exercise whenever I felt like it without wondering if I could fit it in.
  6. As a new grad Dr. I used to get really excited at the thought of seeing a retinal detachment coming in to the office.
  7. I can jump out of bed in the morning and run 10 miles without feeling tired.

But in the end I would not trade my life for anyone else's. Why the ramblings? Because today I found out that one of our staff members was being abused physically and mentally by her husband. She apparently fainted in the office( she was fasting to lose weight because her husband said she was overweight at 105 lbs and 5'7"), and when the ambulance took her home, her husband was there to yell at her in front of the EMTs. Scary. Idiot.

OK rant over - back to running news.

Sunday morning I went with the family to the park and then a run. The schedule called for 4 miles so miles 0 to 2 = 19:23 min and miles 2 to 4 = 20:32 min ( it ended going up a steep hill).

This morning I took a detour onto one of the side streets and did what I thought was 3.5 miles. To the turnaround 16:13 min and back 16:15. Well, on the way to work I measured it in the car and it ended up being only 3.1 !!!!!! That means when I thought I was running a bit slow I actually was! Dammit! I should trust my instincts more often.

End result 3.1 miles 32:28 min.


Comments:
I think you're only supposed to get 3 wishes and no wishing for more wishes....

Sounds like you're planning a half marathon. Good luck! Me too! I'm training to run the Chicago Distance Classic half marathon on August 7th.
 
You mean polysyllabic words. I haven't watched TV in three years, and I don't know what a sunrise looks like ;)
 
hmm yes I think 3 wishes is the go but why not try for more LOL I love your wishes, I can especially relate to number 4 and number 7 would be lovely too.

That is very sad about the girl at your work being treated like that, I hope she soon realises that she deserves better
 
ps: thanks for your lovely comment on my blog =)
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?