Friday, July 29, 2005

 

Run, Run as Fast as you can, you can't catch me I'm the Gingerbread man

Wednesday's 2 mile run was pushed to Thursday and was shortened to a fast 1 miler on the treadmill. It almost never happened because I woke up 10 min late, got dressed, was heading out the door when I head the 3 year old "S" calling because he had a bad dream. Came running up the stairs only to collide at the top with my half-awake husband. Crumpled in a heap on the floor, while my husband hurdled over me to the door only to make enough noise in the process that we woke up the younger one "N".

At that point there was so much chaos and confusion that trying to go out the door was near impossible. After 10 min of coaxing, nobody was going to take me up on my offer of pushing one of them in the jogging stroller. So we made them breakfast, dropped them off at school and went shopping when I got a call from our realtor wanting to show me the lake house I saw online. Hustled home, changed into "real people" clothes (not gymwear) and headed back out to see the house.

It was perfect!!!! The pictures don't even do it justice.It is on the lake, a double lot (for expansion), has a nice 2 bedroom cottage house with a 2 story deck on it. But most importantly, a sand beach for 10 feet in front!! (the other camps have deep water frontage) It also is in a cove inlet with shallow water for 50 feet before it drops. Why does it seem like I am trying to talk myself into it? Because we are in the process of building a very expensive medical clinic and had not really planned on finding a cottage so soon. We had given ourselves 2 years to look and to take our time. Also the price is 25% higher than our max. It is priced fairly for the market, maybe even a bit under priced but it's still higher than our max. You can only push the bank account so far :(

Woke up extra early this morning to get in the 3.5 mile run. I forgot to bring my watch to work with me so I'm fuzzy on the splits but the whole 3.5 miles took me 35:35ish! Yeah for me. I'll post the times tommorrow with a weekly recap.

Comments:
The house sounds so gorgeous. Good luck...is there a chance you could still get it

Love the mental picture of you both colliding at the top fo the stairs....maybe it wasn't so funny for you though
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?