Thursday, July 14, 2005

 

Hot days before storms

Well the morning started off nice and cool as predicted but there was a certain "scent" in the air. This scent was reminiscent of my youthful junior tennis days when we would wake up at tennis tournaments smelling the same smell and knowing that there was going to be a thunderstorm that day. How many matches can we fit in before the rain? How long will the tourney be delayed behind?

These were the same questions that popped in my head as I dropped my kids of at school/childcare. How many errands (on my day off) can I fit in, then get a 3 mile run in before the rain. Errands took me 2 hours (ugh), then lo and behold the sun came out... and the humidity. Still I packed on my new Camelbak, slathered on the sunscreen and hit the road for a 3 miler.
Here are my times
mile 1 10:32
mile 2 9:45
mile 3 10:15
Not bad considering I walked a bit on mile 3. In training for the Portland Maine 1/2 marathon I am following Hal Higdon's half-marathon training guide.
BTW the picture of my husband and me has me standing on a 6 inch platform because me 5'2"
he 6'3".

Comments:
You do realize that you don't have to be so brutally honest about your height, age, or anything else on your journal, don't you? ;)

Good luck with the training!
 
That was to answer everyone's e-mail about why it seems like I suddenly sprouted 6 inches. I wouldn't anyone to think my husband was short- I know how you guys are :)
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?