Friday, July 01, 2005

 

Happy Canada Day!

Happy Birthday to Canada! Today is Canada Day and my parents are taking the kids to various Canada Day activities and festivities then fireworks at night if they are still awake by then.

The playset is killing me slowly and softly. We have gotten a lot done on it but there is still more to go. It has been raining on and off so we have not been able to get 2-3 hours straight. That and tomorrow we will be kayaking in Bar Harbour on the ocean for the first time so when will this thing be done? Who knows - hopefully before my kids outgrow it ;)

Oh sorry, I forgot this is a blog about running. Ran on Wednesday for 3 miles and did it at 10:00 pace and felt good about it. I have been sticking to the 3 mile distance and trying to increase speed before I increase the distance. Someday I would like to run a marathon just so I can tell the kids I did and also because I would love to have them cheer me on near the end :)

My mom last weekend noticed that my legs were looking a lot toner and asked if running was responsible for this body change. It kinda shocked me that she noticed because lately I have just run without constantly looking at myself in the mirror afterwards to see if anything changed.

I crack up everytime they show the commercial on TV where the heavy black guy goes to the gym, steps on the scale, sprints around the weights one time, steps back on the scale, and smacks it because it didn't change. Hee hee! Sometimes I feel they made that commercial about me.
Happy July 4th everyone!

Comments:
Nah - that commercial is about me - I couldn't tell you how many times I've come back from a run hoping the #'s on the scale have changed.
About the marathon - sign up for one, pay your $$ then train, train, train. You'll never regret it (well - maybe at the 20 mile mark) but afterwards you won't. You'll be amazed by what a boost in your self-confidence that running a marathon can bring.
 
cosmo grrl is right about the confidence thing after running a marathon. I felt invincible for about two weeks after I finished mine, even though I could barely walk for the first few days.
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?