Tuesday, July 05, 2005

 

Happy 4th !

Managed to finish the dang playset -- it is huge! I will upload a picture when I can- in the meantime you can see it by clicking the link. We woke up early Sat AM and steadily worked on it until 12:30 pm when we realized we were one step away from finishing. We did a ceremonial jig (aka the leprechaun dance) and hung up the third swing. A quick shower and phone call to the parents to say we were leaving and off we went.

The kids were ecstatic to see us. I love "glad to see you mom" hugs from my 2 adorable little kids. They had a great time hanging out with their 2 girl cousins ages 13 (as of last week) and 9. But with the good comes some bad. S has learned to say "Shut up" instead of "stop talking". AAAAARgh! I hate the deprogramming process that needs to be done afterwards.

As of this morning they still have yet to discover the playset. We didn't want them to know until they finish "school" today. BTW School = Preschool. I am planning on videotaping the reaction on their faces for posterity.

Had a great 5 mile run with my dad yesterday morning. Not sure how to rate the timing because I didn't wear a sports watch (I forgot it in the packing rush and was not going to wear my nice one) besides Dad was wearing one so I should be OK, right? WRONG

We started running on a trail-like run amongst the trees alongside the beautiful Saint John River in Fredericton enjoying the scenery, feeling the wind rush through my hair, good strides, then WHAM! STOP my Dad says. What, what are you OK? Is anything wrong? (He is due to have another angioplasty Aug 22). The answer - NOPE. Just time for our walk break. WTF!? Walk break? We have only been running 10 minutes! Yup, my dad runs his 1/2 and full marathons with 10 minutes of walking then 1 minute of running.

This absolutely drove me nuts! I will often need to take walk breaks but I take them much further on down the line. Needless to say that although I really enjoyed the overall run the run/walk thing messed me up.

Thanks to Cosmogrrl and Thinking runner for the marathon push. I am seriously thinking about doing the 1/2 marathon this year in Portland (Maine not Oregon) in September. Then try a full sometime next year. This all hinges upon being able to fit the training schedule into my kids schedule.

Comments:
You can do it! I know you can! We can virtually train together!
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?