Wednesday, June 22, 2005

 

June

Ran 2 times last week then went to visit family in Fredericton. Ran twice this week for 3 miles both times at roughly a 10:30min/mile pace.
Back to SA for a moment, it was so hot and humid by 6am that it was impossible to run in the AM. I do not like the humidity being in the 80% range- I am an Eastern Canadian, I am used to cool dry temps. I had to stop and ask myself several times how we managed to live in SA for 8 years and play tennis tournaments in that awful summer heat and humidity.
I am glad to be back in Maine permanently and will only consider moving down South after I retire, maybe to Florida like all other Mainers so we can hop on the I-95 and keep on cruising until we hit water.

Comments:
Hey Kiran :) Welcome to the RBF! As you know from living in SA, hot and humid is the name of the game here in Houston. But somehow I still I find myself up and out there running in it at 5am on Saturdays and lovin' every minute of it! I can't imaginge living in Maine- I think I'm allergic to snow!! hehe!
 
Hey! Thanks for stopping by, and how cool that you used to live in Texas. What a difference Maine must be, but how wonderful to live is such various places and have new experiences. I love that attitude.

I'm not much of a tennis player, but I love watching it. I don't have a TV right now (by choice) and it kills me not to be watching Wimbledon. I was at the Riverwalk earlier this week and one of the restaurants had a TV showing the opening matches, and I stood in the middle of the walkway for 15 minutes or so, absolutely transfixed.

Whew, I'm sure running in Maine is much more enjoyable than running outdoors in SA right now!
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?