Tuesday, June 28, 2005

 

GO SPURS GO!

I love the San Antonio Spurs!! They are a team of good, kind hearted guys that are very community oriented. I used to live in a gated, guarded community where Sean Elliott, Tim Duncan (until he moved), and Rasho Nesterovich lived down the street from me. Talk about a nice bunch of guys. Becuase of our professions we have had occassion to mingle at social events with Dave Robinson (fundraising for his charter school) and Robert Horry. Great, great guys!

Flying back to Maine last year my husband, IJ, sat next to coach Gregg Popovich who owns a summer home in Bar Harbor. What luck since my husband played college B-ball.

*A note about gated, guarded subdivisions- they offer a false sense of security because everyone has yard workers and housekeepers that come and go everyday within the subdivision so thinking that you are keeping potential crime out is a misconception. If someone really wants to get in they will find a way. There were quite a few breakins in a short time period once and it was linked to a landscapers nephew who used the name of one of the clients to gain access inside then broke in.

So... back to running- my dad was training for a marathon this year( He started running 2 years ago at age 60). He ran all winter long in the snow with his training group and was supposed to run the race in May, he was very happy with his progress until April when he started to feel a "flutter" in his breathing. He had this happen 2 years ago while we were living in SA and it ultimately led to an angioplasty. So off he went to see his cadiologist. His tests were on June 13 but his results won't come back for another couple of weeks- that's the free Canadian health care system for you.

In the meantime he was told not to run such long distances for a while, my dad has been a life long athlete in one sport or another so needless to say to he was very disappointed. We planned a clandestine 8 mile run :evil: without my mom knowing so she wouldn't have a fit.

This weekend we went to Fredericton again to leave the kids with my parents for a week while we put their outdoor playset together. We worked on it for 3 hours last night until the mosquitos starting eating us alive and we got to step 2 of 95. At this rate it will take all week long! The problem was that the holes don't match up with the nuts and bolts at each end so we ended up having to drill and widen the holes. I mean, come on, when you pay $1000 for this thing it should come with well drilled holes. Off to Home Depot we will go to buy longer Hex head bolts and endcaps. Ha didn't I sound professional?

Back to work - patients await.

Comments:
Thanks for stopping by. I'm not sure the number of intellectuals on the east coast has gone up with my arrival, but I'll take the compliment anyway :) Also, I don't know how the weather is in Maine, but it sure is a killer here in New Jersey.
 


<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?