Sunday, May 01, 2005

 

On Your Marks, get set.......Go!

Well ... in an effort to lose the last 10 lbs after baby number two, I decided to start running again last Xmas. In the past I have run because I had to rather than because I wanted to. This time is no different.

My youth was filled with national level badminton and tennis training sessions with coaches which involved running for cardio development. Maybe because of the hours and hours of training - I came to dislike it. Now older and wiser to the ways of the world, I find myself having opened my horizons to the joys of running.

We moved from San Antonio to Maine last year to return closer to our families after being in SA for 8 wonderful years. My husband and my professions as Optometrists (hence the blog title EYERUN) allowed us to make the move in hopes of setting up our own practice in Maine.
The practice will start construction from the ground up next month so you will read lots of rantings about contractors in this blog for sure.

After being a somewhat regular gym go-er, and playing tennis in SA year-round for 8 years, moving to a rural-like area with only a small "Y" was heart breaking. My husband, sick of hearing me complain about my lack of weight loss due to lack of real exercise, bought me a treadmill for Xmas. Love that man! Since Xmas I have lost 10 lbs and I made a goal for myself to lose the last 10 pound by the end of this summer.

I made a pact with myself to run 3 times a week for 5K on the treadmill with some occassional outdoor running if possible.

Comments:

<< Home
|

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?